Thursday, April 24, 2014

You are gods!

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’? If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? (John 10:34-36 NIV)

Now the Son of God called the Jews "gods" because they had received the scriptures only, what is He talking about?

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. (Psalm 119:11 NIV)

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. By them your servant is warned; in keeping them there is great reward. (Psalm 19:7-9, 11 NIV)


By the word of the Lord, the scriptures, comes a knowledge of righteousness and holiness. Don't misunderstand, these things do not come by the scriptures themselves only a knowledge of them. IOW, how we can be made holy and righteous.


So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian. So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, (Galatians 3:24-26 NIV)

Now we see Paul referring to the Law as a guardian that was designed to lead us to Christ who is himself our righteousness, means of holiness, and redeemer. (1 Cor 1:30) The law and scriptures were always designed to lead us to faith in God and His means of righteousness.

This is what Jesus is saying to us today; You are gods....


In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.” For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:17, 18 NIV)

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” (John 10:33 NIV)

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, (Ephesians 1:13 NIV)

For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. (Romans 8:14-17 NIV)


Now scriptures are clear, all who believe in Jesus have the Spirit of adoption in them, making them children of God. If children then we too have the right to call God our Father and indeed we do and should for that's what He is. Like Jesus, if we claim God as our Father, then we too make ourselves equal to Him.

Indeed being "born again" we have the very Spirit and nature of God within us.  
That is why I say or rather repeat as Jesus did, you are gods. Because you are made in the very likeness of God your Father. Holy, Righteous, Redeemed....

To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27 NIV)

We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been set free from sin. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life. (Romans 6:4, 6, 7, 18, 22 NIV)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! (2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV)


This new birth in the Holy Spirit, the spirit of adoption making us children of God leads us to the very nature of God. So when Jesus Himself says things like:

Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. (John 14:12 NIV)

“Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. (Mark 11:22, 23 NIV)

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. (Matthew 10:8 NIV)

And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.” (Mark 16:17, 18 NIV)


HE REALLY MEANT IT! If you as a believer, a child of God, have doubted the power within, step out full of grace and power through the Spirit and walk in the fullness of the life God gave you.

What will it look like? Ask the Spirit to reveal His work to you...


Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed. By myself I can do nothing; (John 5:19, 20, 30 NIV)

Jesus answered, “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me. (John 7:16 NIV)

“But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.” They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. (John 8:26-28 NIV)

but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?” (John 10:32 NIV)

Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. (John 14:10 NIV)

for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose. (Philippians 2:13 NIV)

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. (1 Corinthians 15:10 NIV)

To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. (Colossians 1:29 NIV)


What the Father works in me will not be what He works in you. Stop asking Him to be like someone else and be who He created you in Christ Jesus to be!
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:10 NIV)

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus,(1 Corinthians 1:30 NIV)

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. (2 Corinthians 5:17-20 NIV)


According to 1 Corinthians 12, God places us exactly where He wants us and we each have a different calling, but no one has any less power or anointing than the other.
But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? Now eagerly desire the greater gifts. And yet I will show you the most excellent way. (1 Corinthians 12:18-20, 28, 29, 31 NIV)

This in fact is your reality as a child of God. He lives in you to work His purpose in you. If salvation began with Him and not you, and He revealed Jesus to you when He wanted to:


But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. (Galatians 1:15, 16 NIV)

All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.” (John 6:37, 39, 44, 65 NIV)


Then surely the work He created you for (Eph 2:10) must wait until He reveals it and works it in you. Wait on Him! Let Him work His purpose in you! Indeed that's all we can do, Jesus said without Him we could do nothing!

Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. (John 15:4, 5 NIV)

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3 NIV)

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:14 NIV)

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. (Psalm 40:1 NIV)

Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God. (Psalm 38:15 NIV)

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil. For the evildoers shall be cut off, but those who wait for the Lord shall inherit the land. Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off. (Psalm 37:7-9, 34 ESV)

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. (Lamentations 3:24-26 NIV)


Oh Lord! I am yours and you are mine! I love you! I wait for you to fulfill your purpose in me! Thank you for putting your Spirit in me! For making me pure, holy, and righteousness! Not by my own works, but by your grace! I am nothing without you! Fulfill your good pleasure in me oh Lord!

Last edited by onlybygrace84; 24th April 2014 at 11:22 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment